Let’s face it; If you are considering checking out a MIG welder for your professional, DIY shop, or even for your hobbyist profession, Hobart Handler 140 MIG welder series is definitely the easiest to refer to. With their easy to use interface, beginner friendly setup, budget friendly prices, and enhanced technology based design; they are one of the best welders you can get in the market right now.
Hobart Handler 140 MIG Welder Review
searching for a heavy-duty MIG welder for your day to day workflow, without having to worry about the big price tag of some renowned companies? then the Hobart Handler 140 MIG welder is the right equipment for you. The number of things you can use this welder for is almost limitless. You can easily use it for working machinery, artwork, sports equipment, BBQ grillers, and a whole lot more.
Hobart handler 140 MIG welder is actually one of the smallest welders that are produced by Hobert, Making it the perfect product for small DIY shop and other welding enthusiasts. Our team uses this welder as their daily driver for a while now and we still recommend this machine over any other whither if you are an expert or a newbie in the welding industry.
The welder is made of premium plastic outside that most renowned welding manufacturers are not willing to focus on. Great built quality is always an asset to the equipment and the longevity of the product. The Hobart ten can easily have 10/10 on that segment from us.
- The machine has a 115V AC input voltage.
- Comes with 4 voltage output ranges from 25AMP to 140AMP
- Has a wire feed track setting that allows you to adjust the output and stabilize your arc with ease and with efficiency.
- It can weld 24 gauge mild steel up to ¼ inch at one go, so it can handle some moderate construction load.
- It can be used more heavy duty work clamps and handle aluminum.
- Comes with a MIG gun out of the box with a 10 feet wire cable.
- Have a dual groove driver roll that makes it easier to switch from one wire to another.
- Has a self reset thermal mechanism that protects the machine from overloading and a special boast feature that protects the motor from damage.
- The machine has a built-in contractor that automatically cools the wires electrically when it’s not in use which is a great addition regarding safety.
- It has a 20% duty cycle at 90 AMPs, which means you can have two minutes of non-stop welding after an eight minute break.
- With its outstanding build quality and enhanced security measures, it is completely protected against short circuits while overloaded.
- Weights only 57 Pounds or 26 Kilograms, so you can easily carry it around for any kind of indoor or outdoor projects.
- Comes with a 36 months official industrial quality warranty right out of the box.
- Dimensions: 10.62 x 12.37 x 19.5 Inches
- Weight: 57 LBS or 26 Kilograms
- Input Voltage: 110V / 115V / 120V
- Current Type: Direct Current (DC)
- Input Phase: 1 Phase
- Input Hz: 60
- Output Range: 25AMP – 140AMP
- Output Phase: 4 Phases
- Welding Output: Constant Voltage (CV)
- Wire Feed Speed: 40 IPM (Inches Per Minute) – 700 IPM
- Rated Output: Duty Cycle 20% @ 90 AMP
- Maximum Open Circuit: 28 Volt DC
- Gun Length: 10 Feet
- Spool Size Capability: 4 Inches or 8 Inches
- Maximum diameter of Wire: 0.045 Inches
- Clamp Cable Length: 10 feet
- Weldable Metals: Stainless Steel, Regular Steel, Aluminum
- Welding Thickness: Mild Steel 24 Gauge up to ¼ inches.
- Protective Cover: If you decide to buy the Hobart 140 MIG welder, you will get a stylish, dustproof and waterproof nylon cover that you can use to cover the Handler 140 as well as the 190 and 210 MVP versions. This will keep your welder protected when it’s not in use for a longer period of time.
- Cylinder Rack: Along with that you will get a small portable welding cart that is capable of holding a gas bottle that is up to 7 inches in width and a maximum of 75 LBS in weight. Although it requires an additional assembly, it’s still a welcome accessory free of cost.
- Replacement MIG Gun: An additional HR100 2 Spade Thermal MIG Gun which has 10 feet long wired cable and a welding diameter of 0.030 – 0.035 feet comes along with the welder.
Learn How to set up a Hobart Handler 140 wire feed welder: Simple Step by step Process!
Here’s an Additional tip that might help you with your setup! make sure your drive roll is set to an appropriate thickness of wire otherwise your feed adjustments might not work.
Is this a perfect welder for you?
Well, to be absolutely honest, no welder is perfect for anyone. There’s always be some pros and cons if you are considering buying a welder at any point of time.
However, If you are considering buying a MIG welder, we would recommend you go for the Hobart Handler 140 MIG. This machine will give you more control over your project like any other premium price tag welders out there in the market with an affordable price tag. If you are considering buying a welder for your regular welding tasks and some occasional industrial or heavy duty workflow then this machine will provide you the best value for your money.
- A great welder for beginners that runs on 110 Volt outlet.
- Weights only 57 LBS which is useful for hobbyist projects, home & DIY shops.
- Comes with a built in Safety enhance contractor.
- Improved Arc performance that allows very little sparkling while welding.
- With adjustable voltage control, it can be used by both novice and high skilled welders.
- Capable of welding a rich variety of metals and various thicknesses.
- Easy setup and go on demand welder.
- 110 Volt of power may not be perfect for every welder.
- Might not be a cost efficient option compared to gas operated welders.
- Doesn’t come with a gas cylinder out of the box, which you might need to buy separately.
- Not ideal for heavy duty industrial projects.
- Need a proper AC power supply if you are working on generator power or any constantly moving projects.
The Hobart Handler 140 MIG welder is a great option for a versatile workflow with an affordable price tag. It has some amazing features that you can only find in more expensive and premium welders.
It is ideally designed for small welding projects with an occasional moderate to heavy usage. But if you can have the time to adjust it with its low duty cycle, you can operate it with some industrial projects as well.
But if you don’t mind spending some extra bucks for your extreme industrial and construction projects as well as the regular heavy duty projects with a premier price tag, you can check out some of our recommended industrial level welders which we use for our construction projects. And if you are looking for some more budget friendly MIG Welder you can check our 10 Best MIG welder reviews for money article.
If you ask us, we would definitely recommend Hobart Handler 140 for you as long as you are not buying it for an industrial purpose.